PHILADELPHIA–January 30, 2019– Metro Commercial Real Estate, Inc. (Metro), one of the nation’s leading full-service, independent retail real estate firms, is pleased to announce the availability of five vacant Bon-Ton stores in Pennsylvania. These Bon-Ton vacancies present retailers with an opportunity to fill empty big-box spaces located at highly trafficked centers in the eastern and western parts of the state. Brokers facilitating the deals include Executive Vice President and Principal Joe Dougherty, Senior Vice President Greg Jones, Vice President Valerie Pettine, Vice President Pat Gallagher, and Vice President Max Silver with assistance from Senior Sales Associate Melissa Lippe.
Specific location details include:
- Trexlertown, Pennsylvania: A 62,000-square-foot former Bon-Ton store at Trexler Mall is available for lease. Located at 6900 Hamilton Boulevard, there are multiple options to configure the space. Established mall retailers include HomeGoods, Marshalls, Kohl’s, and Dollar Tree. Multiple signage opportunities are available.
- Easton, Pennsylvania: 15,000 to 122,125 square feet is available for lease at Palmer Park Mall. Located at 2455 Park Avenue, multiple tenant prototypes can be accommodated at this available site. This space is highly visible from Route 248 with signalized access. Neighborhood retailers include Wegman’s, Target, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Burlington Coat Factory, Home Depot, and Giant.
- Quakertown, Pennsylvania: An 84,405-square-foot former Bon-Ton is available for lease at Richland Plaza. Located at 701 South West End Boulevard (Route 309) this space is perfect for fitness, medical, hardware, or storage uses. There are multiple configurations and options available as well as additional pylon space. With great visibility on Route 309, Richland Plaza sees approximately 36,888 vehicles per day.
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: Over at Colonial Park Mall 137,500 square feet is available for lease. Located at 4600 Jonestown Road, the two-level building has multiple access points. Nearby retailers include Hobby Lobby, Target, PetSmart, Giant, Costco, among others.
- Dubois, Pennsylvania: The Commons located at 300 Commons Drive has a 54,500-square-foot space available for lease. The Commons shopping center is a retail hub for DuBois’ surrounding communities of Falls Creek and Sandy. Shopping center retailers include Petco, TJ Maxx, Dollar Tree and Pat Catan’s. Abundant on-site parking is also available.
“Shopping centers are looking to incorporate non-traditional retailers such as entertainment and fitness tenants to boost traffic. The big-box vacant spaces can be configured to fit experiential concepts and supply a growing demand,” said Valerie Pettine, Vice President at Metro Commercial. “Back-filling a vacant big-box space like these former Bon-Ton sites in robust shopping centers is appealing to any retailer looking to expand its footprint, introduce a new concept or store to the area, or simply utilize the flexibility of a vacant big-box site.”