Metro Commercial brokers six new locations for Edge Fitness Clubs in Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Michigan.
Metro supports Connecticut-based gym chain’s expansion into the Greater Philadelphia area and Midwest.
PHILADELPHIA – October 17, 2018 – Metro Commercial Real Estate, Inc. (Metro), one of the nation’s leading full-service, independent retail real-estate firms, announced today it has brokered six new locations for The EDGE Fitness Clubs in Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Michigan. The leasing team from Metro was led by Senior Vice President Brandon Anapol and Vice President Scott Benson. Metro is the exclusive regional broker for The EDGE Fitness Clubs throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Midwestern United States.
With these new locations, Metro has brokered a total of eleven new locations over the last 24 months for The EDGE Fitness Clubs in support of the company’s strategic plan to expand beyond its Connecticut roots.
“We are thrilled to be an exclusive partner with The EDGE Fitness Clubs as the brand continues its aggressive expansion into the Greater Philadelphia area and Midwest region,” said Brandon Anapol, Senior Vice President at Metro Commercial. “Our expertise led the company to choose six excellent locations that are situated in popular retail centers and offer convenient access for customers. Once open, The EDGE Fitness Clubs will provide community members an unmatched fitness experience with state-of-the-art facilities, world-class amenities, innovative programming, and friendly staff.”
Specific location details include:
- Christiana, Delaware: This 36,000-square-foot location in the Christiana Fashion Center is owned by Allied Retail Properties and is slated to open in the first quarter of 2019.
- Media, Pennsylvania: This 36,000-square-foot location is at the Promenade at Granite Run and is slated to open in the first quarter of 2019.
- Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania: This 37,870-square-foot space is located on the second-level of the former Macy’s department store at the Plymouth Meeting Mall. The location is set to open in the third quarter of 2019.
- Warrington, Pennsylvania: This 37,000-square-foot space was formerly occupied by Gander Mountain and sits next to an Aldi grocery store. The opening is scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Farmington Hills, Michigan: This 37,000-square-foot space was formerly occupied by Kohl’s. The opening is scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Sterling Heights, Michigan: This 36,676-square-foot space was formerly occupied by Kroger grocery store. The opening is scheduled for in or before the fourth quarter of 2019.
The EDGE Fitness Clubs is a Connecticut-based gym chain offering extraordinary fitness facilities, innovative programming, and an energetic, friendly staff. A Philadelphia magazine Best of Philly 2018 winner, The EDGE currently boasts 21 locations across Connecticut, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.
About Metro Commercial Real Estate, Inc.
For nearly three decades, Metro Commercial has set the standard as one of the leading, full-service independent retail real-estate firms in the nation. Metro Commercial specializes in tenant and landlord representation, investment sales, property management and development services. We currently represent over 130 national retailers, serve as the exclusive leasing agent for more than 400 properties and manage over 6.5 million square feet of retail space. Fueled by local expertise and national capabilities, our team delivers the results our clients expect.
Press Contact: Leigh Minnier, Gregory FCA