PLYMOUTH MEETING, PA – (January 4, 2017) – Metro Commercial Real Estate, Inc., one of the leading full-service, independent retail real-estate firms in the nation, has been hired by Cedar Realty Trust to lease their Pennsylvania portfolio of 23 properties as well as one New Jersey location.
Cedar’s portfolio contains primarily grocery-anchored centers, and offers leasing opportunities from small spaces to anchors to pad sites. Collectively the GLA of these 24 sites is 3,993,874 SF.
“We are pleased to have been selected to be the exclusive agent for one of the most respected REITs in our industry. Metro possesses the expertise and the right team to quickly execute large assignments like this,” said Tom Londres, President and CEO at Metro Commercial.
“We look forward to partnering with Metro Commercial and believe the synergy between our firms will allow us to best cover the market, create value and return for our shareholders,” said Robin Ziegler, Chief Operating Officer of Cedar Realty Trust.
“Metro is well versed in both the urban and suburban markets within our region, and we’ve constructed a team of local experts that can speak to each center’s specific needs based on their location, demographics and retail mix,” said Joe Dougherty, Executive VP and Principal at Metro.
The leasing team includes Executive VP and Principals Joseph Dougherty and Glenn Marvin and Vice Presidents Pat Gallagher, Valerie Pettine and Lars Kerstein.
“We have a wide breadth of knowledge and relationships in both the urban and suburban retail markets of the region. Recently, we’ve seen a dramatic shift with suburban retailers looking to expand in the urban environment and this is an area where Metro’s relationships with local, regional and national tenants comes as a huge advantage,” said Kerstein.
Cedar Realty Trust Property Locations:
- Academy Plaza – Philadelphia, PA; +/- 137,415 SF
- Camp Hill – Camp Hill, PA; +/- 463,967 SF
- Colonial Commons – Harrisburg, PA; +/- 461,914 SF
- Crossroads II – Bartonsville, PA; +/- 133,717 SF
- Fairview Commons – New Cumberland, PA; +/- 52,964 SF
- Gold Star Plaza – Shenandoah, PA; +/- 71,720 SF
- Golden Triangle – Lancaster, PA; +/- 202,790 SF
- Halifax Plaza – Halifax, PA; +/- 51,510 SF
- Hamburg Square – Hamburg, PA; +/- 99,580 SF
- Lawndale Plaza – Philadelphia, PA; +/- 93,040 SF
- Maxatawny Marketplace – Kutztown, PA; +/- 59,939 SF
- Meadows Marketplace – Hummelstown, PA; +/- 91,518 SF
- Mechanicsburg Center – Mechanicsburg, PA; +/- 51,500 SF
- Newport Plaza – Newport, PA; +/- 64,489 SF
- Northside Commons – Campbelltown, PA; +/- 69,136 SF
- Palmyra Shopping Center – Palmyra, PA; +/- 111,051 SF
- Port Richmond Village – Philadelphia, PA; +/- 154,908 SF
- River View Plaza – Philadelphia, PA; +/- 236,217 SF
- Swede Square – East Norriton Township, PA; +/- 100,816 SF
- The Commons – Dubois, PA; +/- 203,426 SF
- The Point – Harrisburg, PA; +/- 268,037 SF
- Trexler Mall – Trexlertown, PA; +/- 337,297 SF
- Trexlertown Plaza – Trexlertown, PA; +/- 319,529 SF
- Washington Center Shoppes- Sewell, NJ; +/- 157,394 SF
About Metro Commercial
For nearly three decades, Metro Commercial has set the standard as one of the leading, full-service independent retail real-estate firms in the nation. Metro Commercial specializes in tenant and landlord representation, investment sales, property management and development services. We currently represent over 100 national retailers, serve as the exclusive leasing agent for more than 300 properties and manage over 6.5 millions square feet of retail space. Fueled by local expertise and national capabilities, our team delivers the results our clients expect.
About Cedar Realty Trust
Cedar Realty Trust, Inc. is a fully-integrated real estate investment trust which focuses on the ownership and operation of primarily grocery-anchored shopping centers straddling the Washington D.C. to Boston corridor. The Company’s portfolio comprises 61 properties, with approximately 9.1 million square feet of gross leasable area.
For additional financial and descriptive information on the Company, its operations and its portfolio, please refer to the Company’s website at www.cedarrealtytrust.com.