PHILADELPHIA- June 6, 2019– Metro Commercial Real Estate, Inc. (Metro), one of the nation’s leading full-service, independent retail real estate firms, announced today it has brokered 18 leases at Atwater Village in Malvern, Pennsylvania, The Grove shopping center in Malvern, Pennsylvania, and Frazer Shopping Center in Frazer, Pennsylvania in the past 36 months. Metro is also responsible for an additional 28 leases or sales throughout the Malvern trade area and Chester County retail market since 2014.
Noteworthy sales throughout the area include:
- Atwater Village – Executive Vice President and Principal Joe Dougherty and Vice President Phil Azarik represented the seller in the sale of approximately 25 acres of commercial land along Route 29 for the Wawa and Nobel Learning Community anchored project. Metro continues to represent Goodman Properties and Provco Group in the remaining vacancy of 4,093 square feet.
- Great Valley Corporate Center Vacant Land and Buildings – Dougherty and Executive Vice President and Principal Steve Niggeman represented the seller, Liberty Property Trust, in the sale of seven parcels totaling almost 30 acres of land and 77,000 square feet of vacant buildings along Route 29.
- Frazer Shopping Center – Executive Vice President Paul Rumley, Senior Vice President Greg Jones, and Senior Sales Associate Melissa Lippe represented the seller in the sale of a 72,000-square-foot center along Lancaster Avenue in August 2018. Metro continues to represent the current owner in leasing and management with a few retail spaces available ranging from 1,200 square feet to 20,000 square feet.
- Quarry Ridge – Dougherty and Niggeman represented the seller, Liberty Property Trust, in the sale of three acres along Route 29 and subsequently represented the new owner in the leases to Chick-fil-A and Starbucks.
- The Grove (formerly known as The Shops at Great Valley) – Dougherty and Niggeman represented the seller, Liberty Property Trust, in the sale of a 76,000-square-foot mostly vacant retail center and represented the new owner in leasing the redevelopment into The Grove.
“It’s always great to see an outdated shopping center come back to life with a varied tenant mix, or the building of a premier retail center with some of the best tenants in the area, drawing in new, diverse foot traffic,” said Dougherty. “We love when we can find the perfect retailer to fill these spaces and continue to spur expansion in communities throughout Chester County. Malvern and Frazer have experienced significant growth in population, jobs, and household income over the past five years resulting in a booming retail market. We’re excited to be a part of the Atwater Village, The Grove, and Frazer Shopping Center revitalizations in addition to other popular shopping centers throughout Chester County.”
The Grove is a comprehensive redevelopment of the former Great Valley Shopping Center. This adaptive reuse project combines entertainment, food and beverage, and shopping at 10 Liberty Boulevard with a grand opening scheduled for fall 2019. The leasing team representing the landlord, DP Partners was led by Joe Dougherty and Steve Niggeman. Leases brokered at The Grove can be found below:
- The Simple Greek is a fast-casual restaurant serving traditional Greek cuisine made from authentic family recipes. It will occupy a 2,405-square-foot space.
- Clean Juice specializes in nutrition and wellness, offering organic acai and grain bowls, smoothies, cold-pressed juice, and other healthy snacks. It will occupy a 1,200-square-foot space.
- Shaving Grace Barbers was established 20 years ago and this will be its fourth location in the region. The barber shop will occupy 900 square feet.
- Sublime Cupcakes will occupy 900 square feet and offer a rotating daily assortment of cupcakes as well as specialize in custom orders and events. The store will open in the fall of 2019.
- BOMBA Tacos & Rum combines the flavors of Cuba, Central and South America, and the Caribbean in its unique rum bar and restaurant. BOMBA will occupy a 4,000 square-foot space and open in the fall.
- Nudy’s Café recently added a new 3,400-square-foot location — its ninth in the Greater Philadelphia area. Nudy’s prides itself on providing excellent service and a handcrafted neighborhood dining experience.
- NovaCare Rehabilitation, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation, is opening a new 1,750-square-foot space.
- Sly Fox Brewing is opening a 5,100-square-foot taproom, which will feature more than 100 Sly Fox craft beers including year-round and seasonal favorites.
Other nearby leases in which Metro represented DP Partners in Malvern include:
- Chick-fil-A has been home to the original chicken sandwich with two pickles on a toasted butter bun since 1964. The store sits on 1.2 acres and is expected to open late summer.
- Starbucks is an American coffee company and global chain which operates over 30,000 locations worldwide. It occupies a 2,400 square-foot space and opened in May.
Frazer Shopping Center, located at 480 Lancaster Avenue, is managed by Metro. The leasing team representing the owners of the property includes Senior Vice President Greg Jones and Senior Sales Associate Melissa Lippe. New leases and lease renewals at Frazer Shopping Center include:
- Bond Chiropractic Center, a family-owned and operated full-service chiropractor in business since 1986, recently renewed its lease.
- Coventry Kitchens, established in 1969, recently renewed its lease. Coventry Kitchens specializes in custom cabinetry and interior design on the Main Line.
- Paradise Nails, a full-service nail salon offering various manicures, pedicures, and waxing, occupies a 1,260-square-foot space.
- JC’s Star Cafe is an American restaurant specializing in breakfast and lunch. It occupies a 2,800-square-foot space.
In the last five years, Metro has brokered 28 additional leases or sales in Chester County. Noteworthy deals include Wawa, Nobel Learning Community, Avola Kitchen and Bar, ATI Physical Therapy, Bryn + Dane’s, Naf Naf Grill, and Trumark Financial Credit Union at Atwater Village; and Smile Exchange, AT&T, Great Valley Spa & Nails, Jamba Juice, Smashburger, and Snap Kitchen at The Court at Malvern, among others.
Metro currently represents land owners on land parcels ranging from one to 40 acres for sale in Malvern. In addition, there is still availability for lease at Atwater Village and Frazer Shopping Center. Interested retailers and buyers can contact Joe Dougherty at JDougherty@nullmetrocommercial.com or (610) 260-2670. Landlords seeking brokerage or management services can contact James Savard at JSavard@nullmetrocommercial.com or (856) 222-3023.