Metro Commercial Real Estate is seeking a full-time Property Accountant for our Mt. Laurel, NJ office.
Metro Commercial is one of the largest full-service independent retail real estate firms in the U.S. Founded in 1987, we specialize in tenant representation of national and regional retailers, shopping center leasing, property management, and investment property sales. With offices located in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Metro Commercial currently represents over 130 national retailers and serves as the exclusive leasing agent for more than 400 properties, totaling over 32 million square feet.
As a member of the Metro Commercial Property Management Team, a Property Accountant is responsible for accurately keeping the books and records of shopping centers, recording tenant payments and billings, performing financial account analysis, creating annual budgets, and reconciling tenant expenses.
Responsibilities for a portfolio of properties:
Maintain the books and records for each property.
- Post tenant cash receipts to open charges.
- Prepare tenant account analysis and reconciliations and respond to tenant billing questions.
- Report to Property Management on accounts receivable.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly tenant invoices.
- Prepare and Invoice monthly property management fee.
- Maintain general ledger and record necessary journal entries.
- Calculate and record appropriate depreciation and amortization of fixed assets, tenant improvements, and leasing commissions.
- Prepare account analysis of balance sheet accounts.
- Ensure proper classification of revenue and expense.
- Prepare financial statement package for use in monthly report to property Owners.
- Prepare annual budget in cooperation with the Property Manager.
- Assist in preparation of annual work papers used in tax return preparation.
- Research and answer Property Managers’ inquiries regarding tenant billings.
- Abstract tenant leases to ensure proper revenue recording and collections.
- Maintain rent roll information.
- Monitor property cash flow and cash balances.
- Prepare annual tenant common area reconciliations and handle tenant inquires and disputes.
- Track mortgage payments and escrows and request escrow releases when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 5 to 7 years of experience.
- Accounting System: Experience in MRI software preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- High level of professionalism with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position offers excellent compensation commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package such as health, dental, life, 401(k) plan, and 18 PTO Days to start. If you are seeking a challenging opportunity, email your cover letter and resume to HR@metrocommercial.com